Monday 25 July 2011

Good to do something new...



I have just been reflecting on my weekend. It's funny when I drop off Zoe at school on Mondays, people ask me, "so how was your weekend?". I just go blank! How come I can't remember what I did over the weekend?? Now that really is living in the now!! ha ha.

The most exciting thing for me was that I went to my first roller derby game. I'd seen it on telly in the past and thought it was pretty cool. I mentioned this to my sister and law (Bree). Hi Bree :) Anyway Bree has an amazing memory for details like this, so when her sister was booking tickets they thought of me. So I had a "date" with Bree's Dad and sister! It didn't take too long to work out how a game goes. (it did help that the program had a summary of the rules). Soon I was barracking for the Vics at the appropriate moments!! We played Texas and there were some big girls there with BIG elbows and bums. (Sticking out your bum to block was a technique I picked up!) The crowd too was an eye opener. There were mainly rockabily types, rock, punk and lesbian! Lots of body piecrcings  and tatts too...which made me think of putting my earing back at the top of my ear....)
Good to go out of your compfort zone and to see a part of Melbourne that you don't usually see. I'd go again.

Well I hope you have a good week.
I have fallen off the track fitness wise (and eating mindlessly). So I will try and focus on this week. Started on the treadmill this morning and I hope to start Personal Training on Wednesday nights.
Also waiting to see the result of my interview last tuesday. I was pretty happy with the interview (with about 20 drops of Rescue Remedy on board and a scarf on to try and conceal my nervous blotches!). I so hope that I get the job. It sounds perfect. So flexible too. Will fit in perfect with family life. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment