Wednesday 26 October 2011

Clutter

Today I went to a talk at the local library on clutter. I also have a book called "Why does this Clutter make me look fat" or something to that nature. It was written by the Australian guy who does decluttering shows for Oprah. Sorry. Not that good with names. Anyway the gist of tonight was that your emotional clutter reflects clutter somewhere else. That being clutter was scattering of things/thoughts. I know this. How good does it feel when you have a clean house or you get stuck into a wardrobe and give it a good clean out as I did on Monday. I find the people around me drain me though. Kids will be kids I know and I am trying to train them on picking up after them sleves. It was funny though, Zoe saw me cleaning out my wardrobe and decided to clean her room up without me even asking her to! It is my husband that it driving me mad.
Take a look at our bedroom. Guess which side is his?


This has been like this for three days.  You can't see the backpacks, books, and clothes that are on the floor. (I can't get another photo to upload). The clothes rotate from the floor/sidetable to the bed. He so does not see this mess. I go out to the talk tonight...I come home and the kids books are everywhere after their stories are being read to them...dishes still left from dinner. It is a rareity to come home and have dishes done for me. I am so over asking him to clean up. I just do it myself now as I know it will get done. He hardly ever does dishes as a result. Oh yeah and whilst I'm on my rant...he unpugged my computer and replaced it with his. Did not turn mine off even though I was using it to recharge my ipod. He just let it run flat. Oh yeah not even sure if my ipod even got charged because he gave my ipod to my 2 and 1/2 year old son to play with and does not care about it enough (because it is not his) so he now has no idea where it is. So much for innocently leaving my ipod at home to charge it up....now I don't have one. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I try so hard to keep order in the house and my husband just does not extend his intellegent mind into these areas and just does not seem to mind living like a sloth. HELP!!!!
I so dream of living by myself. No smelly feet, no smelly bodies, no smelly underwear, things left where you left them. I miss my own room. Just with my stuff. Suppose I had better be careful what I wish for. Any ideas though?? Does anyone else live with a slob??

1 comment:

  1. Hi Darling no slob here at present pulling his weight. it is hard when they don't replace the toilet roll and he blames me for not tiding up and i always finds his things in the kitchen left out. i like the clutter talk. my brains in clutter. just returned from first market and the house is a mess. ahh but i am too tired..x

    ReplyDelete